- During an emergency toilet overflow, you need to know exactly what to do while you are waiting for help to arrive.
- You need to turn-off the toilet’s water valve at the base, or rig the toilet tank floater to make sure that the water stops flowing
- The water on the floor has to be drained or removed right away.
- Anything that has come into contact with the toilet water has to be cleaned and disinfected.
- You need to use a toilet plunger or snake if there are clogs in the drain, you can use a sink plunger if you do not have any of these tools.
- You need to clear away small items that are placed near the toilet or on top of the toilet tank so that you can avoid getting your toilet clogged by a foreign object.