- A bidet is very common in European homes, but not in the US. Getting one can help make your bathroom more elegant and more functional.
- To upgrade the vanity, you can get a new one installed, or you can buy an Ikea vanity. If you want to save money, you can opt for a fresh coat of paint and new door knockers instead.
- If you ever have second thoughts about getting a new tub, you should know that nothing beats a warm bath in a tub after a long day.
- Creating a luxurious and relaxing atmosphere in the bathroom can best be accomplished with the help of the proper lighting fixtures.
- The P-trap needs to have water so that it can prevent the odors from the sewer to go out of the drain
- The shower door can actually harbor bacteria and produce foul odors when its metal hinges become lose
- Soap scum can allow bacteria to thrive inside the drain, getting rid of the scum and the bacteria will require the use of several uses of an effective cleaning agent
- To make sure that the garbage disposal is not the source of the odor, you will have to clean it with orange peel and hot water, and you should also make sure that splash guard is cleaned as well
- A new bathtub is very important especially when you are doing a major bathroom renovation.
- If you want a tub that is budget-friendly, then you should buy a porcelain and steel tub since they are cheap and they can last for a decade.
- Acrylic bathtubs are also very reliable, but they can have thins spots especially if they were not properly manufactured.
- Cast iron tubs are very expensive, but they are durable, and they also have superior heat retention.
- When using a plunger, make sure that air gets inside before dropping the edges below the water line
- Lift the plunger properly to allow the air inside before dropping it down the hole again
- When dissolving the clog inside the toilet, you should use baking soda and vinegar instead of harsh chemicals
- If a foreign object fell down the toilet and caused the clog, you should check it manually if the object is not too far from the drain
- You can also use a drain auger if you know how to use it properly
- You should avoid flushing feminine products down the toilet and you should do an extra flush to keep the toilet drain clear of any clog or debris