- Modern water heaters still work the same way as the ones made by previous generations
- The main difference is that today, the water heaters are able to work more efficiently
- The anode rod serves as a sacrificial rod that will attract all the rust and corrosion so that the tank will not easily deteriorate
- If you use the hot water tap too much, the water will turn cold until the hot water tank is able to catch up with your needs
- Composting toilets are not similar to portable toilets
- These toilets can actually help you save water, and it can work during a drought, or while you are on the go
- The composting toilet is ideal for those who have RVs, boats, cabins, or houses that are off the grid
- Basic ones can cost around $600 while those that have multiple features can cost thousands
- The more discrete and hassle-free they are, the more expensive they can be
- Homeowners can opt to replace old bathtubs, refinish them, or install a bathtub liner to make their tub look new
- Some bathtub liners can last for a very long time, this is why they often have their own lifetime warranties when purchased
- When choosing a tub liner, you need to have accurate measurements of your existing tub, this is why some contractors are not able to provide you with estimates right away
- Having outdoor faucets can help you avoid frustration as it will allow you to have immediate access to water when needed
- Some plumbers can work faster if you have a crawlspace or if you have an unfinished basement, these factors can help you minimize the cost
- If the plumber has to go through the wall or the ceiling, you might have to hire a separate contractor to fix them afterward
- Leaving the hose attached to the outside faucet during winter can easily become a costly mistake as this can result in problems when the spigot freezes
- If the spot outside your house is too far from the water line, it might cost you more to have a faucet installed there
- You can buy futuristic bathtubs or retro bath tubs, but they can cost a lot of money. If you want something functional however, you might want to opt for simple bathtubs that are durable.
- Basic shower heads can cost a few hundred dollars, but if you want one that have the latest features, you might have to spend as much as $5000 or more for shower systems.
- If you are more focused on decreasing water consumption, you might want to install low-flow shower heads.