- Solar water heaters use the heat of the sun through a solar thermal collector in order to heat household water
- Passive solar water heaters are best used in areas that get a lot of sunlight, they are also cheaper and more reliable
- Active solar water heaters can be used in areas that have harsh winters or low temperatures. They are more expensive but they are more efficient at heating the water
- Tankless water heaters are ideal for households who tend to use hot water only during specific hours of the day
- Unlike typical hot water heaters, it does not make use of a storage tank
- It will only heat the water as it flows inside the pipes and coils within the unit, this will mean that some waiting time is needed
- It will not be able to provide you with a constant supply of hot water especially if there are two or more people using it simultaneously
- In most cases, water heaters made before 2002 will need to be lit using a match
- New water heater models are equipped with electric spark generators that you can use to light the pilot with just a press of a button
- Call the gas company right away if you start to smell gas coming from the water heater
- Although many water heaters are built to last, many of them will wear out over time with continued use.
- Metal pipes can amplify sound, this is why when your water heater has a problem you might hear loud noises coming out of it.
- When increasing the water temperature, you need to increase it one notch at a time so you can avoid scalding yourself.
- Relighting the pilot light on your own is doable, but it can be very dangerous especially if you have no idea how to do it properly.
- Modern water heaters still work the same way as the ones made by previous generations
- The main difference is that today, the water heaters are able to work more efficiently
- The anode rod serves as a sacrificial rod that will attract all the rust and corrosion so that the tank will not easily deteriorate
- If you use the hot water tap too much, the water will turn cold until the hot water tank is able to catch up with your needs