- Sometimes, there can be too much humidity in your home
- It is important to have just the right amount of humidity
- It’s recommended that you contact a professional to help measure the levels of humidity in your home.
If you live in Salt Lake City or Park City, you know winter will soon be upon us. As the temperature continues to drop and the clouds grow heavy with snow, you may begin to notice a change in the air. Often the air becomes drier and you may experience more static electricity and even a scratchy throat; however, sometimes the opposite is true. Sometimes, there can be too much humidity in your home.
It is important to have just the right amount of humidity. Too little can lead to dry skin, while too much can lead to peeling paint. And, in severe cases, too much humidity can damage furniture and even wreak havoc on your home’s structure. There are several signs that indicate the level of moisture in your home is too high:
- Mold on or around your windows or on the walls
- Condensation on your windows
- Mildew and mold blooms in you basement or crawlspaces
- An increase in dust mites
- Expanded and creaky floorboards
- Water stains on the walls
If you know that during the winter your home is too humid, you should invest in a portable dehumidifier. If you experience any of the signs of too much moisture throughout the year, you may need to install a whole-home dehumidifier. Either way, in most cases, it’s recommended that you contact a professional to help measure the levels of humidity in your home.
We at Tingey Plumbing can determine if your home is dangerously humid and find you the best solution. Call us today!