Measuring Heat Efficiency

Blog Highlights

  • It is important to know how your heating system’s efficiency measures up
  • The ratio of a furnace’s heat output compared to the energy it uses to work is measured for efficiency
  • A unit’s efficiency can seriously affect your overall energy use and heating costs

Blog Highlights

  • It is important to know how your heating system's efficiency measures up
  • The ratio of a furnace's heat output compared to the energy it uses to work is measured for efficiency
  • A unit's efficiency can seriously affect your overall energy use and heating costs
Measurement Gadges

Blog Highlights

  • It is important to know how your heating system’s efficiency measures up
  • The ratio of a furnace’s heat output compared to the energy it uses to work is measured for efficiency
  • A unit’s efficiency can seriously affect your overall energy use and heating costs

If you’re living in Salt Lake City or Park City, it is important to know what your heating system’s efficiency measurements are. A unit’s efficiency can seriously affect your overall energy use and heating costs. Most manufacturers are now required, by law, to mark each unit with its level of energy efficiency.

The scientific unit of measurement for the efficiency of home heating units is the annual fuel use efficiency rating or the AFUE rating. This measures the ratio of a furnace’s heat output compared to the energy it uses to work. If a system is marked with a 75% AFUE rating, 75% of it’s energy is used for heat output. The remaining 25% of its energy escapes through inefficiencies and heat loss.

Units that are Energy Star-Certified are often more expensive than other heating systems and products, but they have the highest level of energy efficiency. It’s important to have a highly efficient heating system for two main reasons: One, it is better for the environment. And two, it saves you, the homeowner, money long term.

When shopping for your new heating system, keep an eye out for Energy Star-Certified units. Additionally, be aware that regional governments and the federal government may have specific guidelines for HVAC efficiency in your area.

 We at Tingey Plumbing are here for your heating needs. If you need help choosing a heating system or want us to install your heating unit, call us today!

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on google
Google+
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on pinterest
Pinterest

Emergency

Request Quote Form